4.4.08

.. new days ~ 04.04.08


          The day grew old and I'm at the highest heights of my euphoria.  It's so damn good to finally have what life promised.  Good health, memories of the past, contentment of the present, goals for the future and the person who undoubtedly loves you. 
 
          I have longed for this moment to visit me again.  Wondered before if it had abandoned me for good.  Yet here it is, wrapping me in its arms, assuring me that things will be right this time.
 
          Being alone is not half bad whether no one is with you or you feel alone 'though with someone.  One tends to adapt and live through it.  But loneliness, when it hits you, is scary.  And it hits you when you least expect it.  It doesn't matter if you have lived alone for years or you got accustomed to feeling alone next to someone.  The feeling is so strong that it opens up your eyes to the silence in your heart.  And it grips your consciousness, squeezing the reality into you.
 
          I've been there.  Both times.  And it felt like life has no purpose.  The feeling of life draining from your soul is so intense that you feel lost and broken.  But as they say "there is hope." There is indeed purpose.  One just needs to wait.
 
          Everyday now I wake up with vigor to start my day.  Knowing that when I get home I will settle in the life I've always wanted, needed, aimed for.  I get this inspiration to do the things that I have shunned during sad times.  I no longer lay wasted and unmotivated to live my day.  And little chores of living don't bother me anymore.
 
          Hope had come and rescued me.  The one love that I know had come back to enclose me.  Nothing else can fill the void in my heart. 
 
          I knew that it would take time and patience.  I thought I couldn't do it.  I've always wanted to be at the end of the tunnel than walk through every inch of darkness.  But waiting and believing really pays off. 
 
          For here it is, my happiness, my life.  And with the things I have gone through, it made me realize that the end of the tunnel is only worth achieving if I've gone through the hardship of crawling towards it.

No comments: