I disagree about a lot of things. Some things I condone and somethings I don't let pass. When asked, I give my views about situations that may not be neutral but definitely drives a peg home to the truth. I know that advises are not meant to be followed but are given to open options when the mind is in a one-track course.
I came across a problem lately. Two close friends that previously have a sturdy relationship is now facing the biggest trial of their lives. When everyone learned about it shock was the first reaction to visit our faces and emotions. Disbelief and denial that this strong couple is going through the same motions as other people's wretched relationships.
How could that be? There have been no conflict between them all throughout their lifetime. Sure there were little things but believe me they were little things. Not even something to crease a forehead for. Little things that cynical, unwary souls like me would make a big deal out of, that is.
The rest of us discussed it. All were confused. In all the broken relationships all of us have combined this is the one partnership we look into for hope. Hope that no matter how we stand up and venture more we know that there will be a happy ending. Hope that the swooning we want to experience, unbridled emotions we want to pour out, that unspoilt, true and pure thing we aim for is not that hard to reach. It is possible and real and we know we can have it.
Anger sets in. For this does not only affect the two of them. We both love them dearly and we were there from the beginning. Some say age is a factor. Some say in every relationship there needs to be this conflict of sorts to test their devotion to each other. Others think its just pure and simple cruelty. We don't want to be directly involved yet cannot help to just let the deception continue. What is there to do without meddling?
Why does it happen? When has the love gone? If devotion's course is redirected to someone else, why then would one string the other along? Why not choose and let that be the end of it? There has to be a concrete reason to risk a working, strong relationship just like that. Having selfishly thrown it away why have second thoughts on planting a firm foot on the back and just be rid of it altogether? Whatever happened to pure, unadulterated honesty? (if that still exist but hey, I'm cynical remember?)
Having seen this same unpleasant situation I knew what was coming. Its never easy for everyone involved, directly or indirectly. And it's never fair. It wasn't when the deception took a long time to surface and the truth was purposely hidden for some sick, idiocy his(not the friend I'm referring to) brain had. All the more in this case when the other one involved knew of the relationship but still let it go on.
My friend, who is in the receiving end of this misfortune, is a strong person. But as I often say, there is so much we can take. Its the first major problem they both have. And I just learned that this has taken its toll. It may not be easy for the other friend too but it was a mistake made foolishly.
*sigh* Too bad. There goes my shimmering hope. With my nature, trust will be a hard thing to embrace from now on. (like that's something new, hahahah :P~)
I know that no one can solve this but the two of them. For whatever decision both makes we are here to support. I just hope and pray they surpass this. For their sake. Not that I would hope it for myself if the same thing happens to me (again).
One bitten twice shy. The next time, I'll be the one biting. I'll drink to that.
No comments:
Post a Comment