There are people in this world who hate it when it rains. The dampness of the world would echo the gloom in themselves and pulls them lower into the pit. Waking up with a gray perspective just don't do much to someone's disposition and there's a certain annoying quality to the pitter-patter of rain. The taunting random chant surrounding the world makes it worse than it already is. For each moment the rain reflects the turmoil raging inside.
But I love the rain. I only don't when it ruins my laundry but that's beside the point. I used to hurry home every time it rains, beside the fact that I'll be drench if I don't, so I will be in the comfort of my home. And it feels so nice to stay in bed while the rain wash the world of its filth so to speak.
Its been raining so much lately. And without warning you find yourself stuck in a place you'd rather not be. There's always no way out unless you want to brave the heavy rain fall which causes more complications than you can handle for the day. You just bought your new pair of shoes. You are wearing a silk blouse. You love those pair of jeans and would hate it get ruined. So you stay put giving yourself all the excuses you can think of for staying. Most often than not you're good for a while but as the rain continues on you become antsy and afraid. Who knows how long until it stops?
Funny. Life does teach us the lessons we need to learn or somehow forgot. If there are metaphors in a statement there is rain to make us understand. Reminding us of what we don't want or need in our lives. Telling us to change course or brave through it so we don't get stuck. It teaches us a valuable lesson to make a decision the moment it falls. The rain is a hard example of what life can throw at us at any moment. Don't hate it.
Once upon a time I got so drenched I felt like drowning. After I braved through my rain I congratulated myself for making the best decision. I can always buy a new pair of shoes. A small price to pay than staying in a place where God-knows-what lurks. I did not realize it then that I just pulled myself out of harm's way. The kind that would dim the brightness I have in me. I found the courage to leave after reminding myself that I have a home where I can feel safe no matter how hard the rain falls.
I went back to that place after the rain stopped. Not just once. In fact, more than twice. I tried to make sense of the awful feeling I had when I was there. Trying to understand what made it different from the other places I've been to. Wanting to show myself that it wasn't that bad. Still, it only looks normal and tame when the sun is out. Every time it rains there goes the same scary feeling again. There are just places in this world that you can never feel safe. It is so sad. That place has its potentials.
Now I watch the rain contented of staying away. The world does not run of places I can be and stay for good. I don't call it luck but good judgment. And I don't hate it. The rain taught me not to be afraid. It said that I made a good job taking good care of myself. I have indeed.
No comments:
Post a Comment