24.2.08

.. the wary & the demented.. ~ 02.24.08

I've been getting so restless these past couple of weeks. Mental and psychological restlessness as I term it.. Maybe its something from the office, or at home, I'm not sure but its always either of the two. Could be both.

Woke up today just like any other day but yet there is this something I cant seem to get my mind to that has been bothering me. Restless. Tired. Bored. I feel that there is something I need to do, something important. But what?!

I remember I have these confused restless state many times before and I always let out a delightful "Ahh!" whenever I realize what it is. I guess I have to wait till then. In the meantime, I continue to be restless and agitated. Damn it!

I'm actually at the office right now. Having finished off almost all Sudoku book volumes (the experience going to routine now), hoarded all the office newspapers for the crossword, and finished half a dozen books (one novel per day for this week), I am running out of things to do (the rest of my books were read prior to the half a dozen ones and are too soon to read again)!! You can call it the best working environment but believe me, when there is nothing much to do in almost two months it can drive you crazy. I am starting to consider doing cartwheels down the aisles or throwing crumpled Chips Delight wrappers at other people. More of this boredom and security will be hauling me off the premises. Tsk.

Amazing how boredom gets out the creative and literary artist in you. I have probably doodle all possible shapes, hanged a hundred and fifty men, twisted words, became a master of anagrams, and played word factory until I doze off, challenged everyone to beat me at bingo chess and still I cant seem to settle down. If I have my way I'd be shooting gem balls for the Incas or running around diners with Flo and get the highest score ever. Good thing its not up to me.

When I get home I watch movies voraciously. Still I read books or play Sudoku or answer crosswords AT THE SAME TIME!! Something is definitely wrong. *Grin* I get bored while trying to ease my boredom that I have to do something else while I'm doing something!! Sometimes I go to the mall just to walk around or window shop. But the fact that I do not go out without bringing money, I end up spending a thousand worth of something(s)! There are times that I vow to just bring enough for taxi or food. But then I unlock the door after I lock it to get more money (in case I might find something(s)!). It's utterly frustrating. *grin* That's why I stay at home as much as possible but then I do the same multitasking with the movies and puzzle books again.

I feel like a juggernaut, can't quite sit still. And its not just that. Sometimes when I cook food (while the DVD player is running) I get this feeling that I need to polish the floor (which has just been polish yesterday by the way) or wash the curtains again (which I washed yesterday too after I polished the floor) or maybe rearrange the furniture (which I have done so many times in my mind and have agreed with myself that the furniture is best where it already is) or that I need to read Jonathan Kellerman's Conspiracy Theory again since the last time I've read it was two months ago. Note to self: Need to buy more books than what "more" normally is.

*sigh* It is boring, frustratingly so. Some might say that I have my days full with all those things that I do but I don't agree. There were times that I just like to idle at home and laze around doing nothing and the only mental activity is to plan what to eat for lunch but that has been "forever" ago. Time long past that I can only recall the feeling (of doing nothing, hahah..).

There's only Joe and I today since RJ's on leave. And Joe is sleeping *grin* feet up (joke). I guess I should follow his example. I used to sleep before everyone else but I bought another bag of Chips Delight and its right in front of me next to my open book.

Joe is sleeping soundly and will wake up in an hour to take his lunch. I'm envious. *grin* But I shouldn't be. I just borrowed Jake's blanket for the same purpose. Bwahahahah.

If only I can read my book while I sleep....

No comments: